The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, April 17, 2015

Debbie's Chocolate Sauce

Years and years ago, I tasted this chocolate sauce for the first time.  Our friends Gary and Debbie invited us over for dinner, dessert and fun.  And dessert was ice cream.  Debbie made the sauce right there while we all chatted and laughed, and her son pronounced it perfect after at least two official taste tests.


I promptly asked for, and received, the recipe, and it has been in my recipe binder ever since.  Without further ado--since I know you want to make this right away to put on something, anything--here it is.

Debbie's Chocolate Sauce
Yield:  ~3 1/2 cups

1/2 cup butter
2 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
2 cups sugar (I use cane juice crystals)
1 cup evaporated milk (you'll have a little left over from the can)
1/2 cup light corn syrup (I use organic, crazy expensive but, you know...)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (homemade--recipe coming soon!)

In a saucepan, melt butter and chocolate.  Add sugar, evaporated milk, corn syrup, and vanilla.

Bring to a boil, stirring constantly (that's where kids come in handy).  Then, let it boil 1 1/2 minutes (not sure why that exact time, but I stick with it).  Remove from heat.

Serve warm or cold over ice cream or pound cake.  Or, you know, anything that needs chocolate sauce.  In other words, everything.  Refrigerate leftovers, if there is any.  I use a pint canning jar, which usually holds what's left after dessert.



Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)