The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Monday, December 3, 2012

Over the Border and Through the Woods

Time for our (now) annual tradition with the H. family!  Three years running, we have joined our friends crossing the border (the Wisconsin one) to go to CaPaul's Christmas Tree Farm.  This year we followed them up the day after Thanksgiving, caravan-style as usual.  Although it was the season's coldest day yet, everyone was in a chipper mood, with college students home for their break, and special time together with friends.

A couple of retired reindeer.

Here is our story in pictures:









College student in a sweatshirt, 18-degree wind chill...





Our family.




CaPaul's has this nice, warm building--an extra-large room, really--where they serve hot apple cider and have Christmas-y things for sale.



It has been my personal tradition to purchase an ornament every year, with the goal of having our Christmas tree decked out in nothing but snowflakes and glass icicles.  It's mostly snowflakes so far, since I can't ever find glass icicles.  This year, Fernando purchased the large gold one in the image above (on the right), and a plastic box of 10 gold snowflakes.  So, I've already been triply blessed this Christmas--I have gifts from my husband, snowflakes for my tree, and mementos of our little annual trip into the Wisconsin Christmas tree woods!

Stick around for Part Two of this little trip...!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)