The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Monday, December 31, 2012

Yummies For Our Tummies!

We received a large package on Christmas Eve!


Jacob became the designated package-opener.  We had received a phone call from my sister-in-law Kirsten, who told us to expect the package and that we'd need to open it right away because it was perishable.  And perishable = food!  This makes my guys happy.


Honey-cured bacon

Smoked turkey breast

Honey-baked ham!


What a blessing all this food was!  The bacon went into the freezer for future meals, and the turkey and ham became our dinner that night, and served as meals throughout the rest of the week.  The double blessing was that I came down with a cold in the evening on Christmas evening, and was sick the rest of the week.  No cooking for me!  I was able to rest a lot and not have to worry about feeding the guys.

Thanks, Tony and Kirsten, for the Christmas gifts!!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

1 comment:

  1. Now that is a great gift. Glad you are feeling better now. I hope you have a blessed New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)