The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, April 27, 2012

Ricotta Cheese Pancakes

What do you do when you buy a huge container of ricotta cheese in order to make two pans of lasagna, and you end up with extra ricotta?  Extra, as in a lot of?

Five pounds of ricotta!

Well, it just so happens that I have this great little recipe for Ricotta Pancakes.  The original recipe is from Weight Watchers, and I've adjusted it to our own healthy eating standards.  This recipe makes a yummy meal for either breakfast or dinner.  We recently enjoyed these for dinner, since the ricotta is a nice portion of protein.

Ricotta Cheese Pancakes

3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons cane juice crystals (or to taste)
4 eggs (we use fresh eggs right from our farmer)
2 cups fresh ricotta cheese

In a small bowl, sift together the first three ingredients.  (I simply stir them together using a whisk.)  In another larger bowl, beat egg; add ricotta and sifted flour mixture and stir until smooth.


Heat griddle or frypan on medium heat.  Important:  Once griddle is heated, brush with a little oil or butter.  Because there is no oil in the mix, the pancakes will stick and you'll end up with a mess.  :)

Drop batter by heaping tablespoon (don't make any larger than this) onto griddle; bake until golden on bottom, then flip carefully.  Cook other side until golden, then remove to serving plate.


These little pancakes are so light and fluffy; they melt in your mouth.  They're great served in the traditional way, with a little melted butter and syrup on top.  You may also serve them with berries or seasonal fruit.  Sometimes we eat them hot off the plate!




Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

2 comments:

  1. These look sooooooooooooooo delish! I will have to try to make these asap. I also pinned this if that is okay.

    I pray we both can get past the blog blahs and have fun fellowship'ing.

    Missed you !
    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, Pinning on Pinterest is always allowed! Every now and then I see that someone has been on my blog and pinned something. It tickles me!

      Delete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)