The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting

This not-too-sweet chocolate frosting recipe is an excellent combination with my chocolate cake (find the recipe here).  Creamy and rich--but not too rich--chocolate with just the right amount of sweetness complements the moist and delicious chocolate cake to create an incredible chocolate sensation.

Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
Makes about 4 1/2 cups

one 12-ounce package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate pieces
1/2 cup butter
8-oz. carton sour cream
4 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar

In a large sauce pan, melt the chocolate pieces and butter over low heat, stirring frequently.  Cool for five minutes.  Stir in sour cream.  Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until smooth.  This will frost tops and sides of two two three 8- or 9-inch cake layers.

Pair this with:  My Very Best Chocolate Cake

My Very Best Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)