The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tea Talk -- A Home for the Lonely


Welcome to my home for Ruth's Tea Talk!
Click on Ruth's button above to participate with me.
Sit and share a cup of tea with me as we encourage each other in the Lord.


I'm having...a cup of pomegranate green tea, leaves given to me by my sweet neighbor Lorraine.

Green tea leaves with pomegranate

I'm feeling...warm and humid!  You would not believe how warm it was here yesterday--close to 80 degrees Fahrenheit!  In March!  In Chicago!  Here (below) is a picture of a teacup; I took it at the Mother/Daughter Encouragement weekend and it fits these summery days perfectly.  The warmth is supposed to continue for a week or so!


On my mind...is lots of stuff, as usual.  Jacob has gotten some appointments and things out of the way and on the calendar (that's always good to get appointments set!).  I'm helping my mom de-clutter so she and Dad can get ready to list their house for sale.  And I scheduled a photo shoot for April--always something to look forward to!  Everything else is rather haphazard right now, so I'm trying to muddle through.  I also have big plans on my mind for Fernando and me to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary this autumn!  Fernando and I have been huddled around books and the computer screen a lot, doing research and mostly dreaming right now.  Hopefully one of the dreams will become reality, and I'll let you know as soon as it does!

I leave you with...a little passage of Scripture.

God makes a home for the lonely;
He leads out the prisoners into prosperity,
Only the rebellious dwell in a parched land.
Psalm 68:6 NASB



Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for these joyful words and photos. HH and I are slowing trying to declutter because we know it is inevitable at our age to have to leave your home.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! 25 years. I love to plan and dream for a trip, it is so fun. We had snow yesterday...late for us, but still 80 degrees! What happened to Spring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A comforting post! And the butterfly on your cup is just delightful! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, silver wedding anniversary planning! Love the excitement there, and I look forward to hearing more about it, Christine.
    I hope you find "rest" amid everything that is going on around you. I wish I could also help my old parents these days. You are blessed to be living close to them. I'm sure they are even blessed to have you living near them.
    I love the verse and the photos, as usual.
    I have pomegranate tree that's bearing fruit right now. I wonder how to preserve it for tea?

    love and prayers,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't checked in of late, but am always encouraged when I do. May the Lord richly bless your final plans for your 25th!! ~jane~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)