The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, December 31, 2010

FFG -- Take Refuge

Plans4You

My amazing friend Lori hosts Friday Farm Girls @ Heart every week;
please click on her button to visit her blog
and to find out how you can participate!


My farm girl's heart just aches--along with my back!--this week because I am not able to do all the things I need and want to do.  When I think of this meme each week, I desire to share something I've done, or made, or baked, or accomplished during the week.  But this week, besides some laundry and a few meals, I have not been a woman of accomplishment.

I confess, when I'm healthy I can sit at the computer for hours, and I'm really good at procrastinating; however, I am essentially a doer.  My husband tells me, "Sit and relax with me."  And if we're not engaged in conversation, my mind is making lists--what's for dinner tomorrow night, I need to put garlic powder on the grocery list, do I have the money for the food co-op on Sunday...  My organizer/planner has space along the right-hand side for sticky-note grocery lists and to-do lists.  Sometimes I even add extra sticky notes on dates gone by so that I have room to write my notes!

Many of you have been praying for healing for me, and I humbly and gratefully thank you!  But for right now, the Lord has a better plan for me.  My Bible studies throughout this week have focused on healing, resting in His love, and acknowledging Him in my circumstances.  I continue to keep my focus in those places.  He is my refuge.

But let all who take refuge in You be glad,
Let them ever sing for joy;
And may You shelter them,
That those who love Your name may exult in You.
Psalm 5:11 nasb

How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings.
Psalm 36:7 nasb


Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
captured by Christine Anne