The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Spring Thoughts

This spring will be spent waiting.  The bursts of color from the flowers, the popping buds on the trees, and the birdsong floating on the air all shout their message of newness and joy to my heart.  This day was spent with Fernando at The Morton Arboretum, since where else would I find so much color and spring?




The daffodils covered the field, as they do each spring.  I never knew there were so many varieties; I tried to capture them all.




Walking down one of the paths on the west side, we encountered the early mayapples!  Their umbrellas were just opening.


I love the redbuds with their beautiful little blossoms.


This was my first time capturing the waterfall from below.


I love trying to capture texture, as in this photo of standing water, twigs, and pieces of tree.


And oh, the glorious meadow with all its bright beauty!


Yellow magnolias.


Sometimes, and especially in spring when there's so much beauty and color surrounding me, I have to dig to see the special.  I have to get down on the ground, just lie there with my camera, turn to the side, to see something beyond the ground cover.  Pretty little white flowers, sweetspire (some call it lily of the valley), blossoming where no one looks, where no one even bothers to search.  Most don't even know it's there.  But I do, and so I lay down and search, then snap.

Hidden treasure.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)