The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Alone but not Alone

Fernando is away, so I walked the trail at The Morton Arboretum this morning by myself.  There were signs of beauty even in the dying green of summer, the slow turning brown, weeks before the brilliance of autumn appears.


It's lonely, but not.  I have my camera with me, of course, and I can walk in peace, knowing I am His, and He is keeping both Fernando and me in Him.



He shines His light into my life, even as I walk the trail today without my husband holding my hand.  His Spirit prompts me to look up and see beauty in unexpected places, and I stop and breathe, and capture the scene I see.


I follow His trail for our life.  We're just starting to get back on our feet after the last three years of hard, harder, and will we ever make this work.  It'll be hard from here on out, but I can see the path He's laid out before me, and I take those steps into the future.


I stop at my favorite spot, where the trees have fallen along the path.  It's so green here, and I know it'll soon fade, burst into stunning yellow, then fall dormant for winter.  I stand and breathe, knowing I see His hand in this spot in my life.


And I'm thankful.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)