The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Arch Madness in St. Louis

Another week, another city!  This time it was south and west to St. Louis, MO for Arch Madness and the Missouri Valley Conference Semifinals for NCAA basketball.

Since Fernando had to be on site in the morning, he let me sleep at home (he had a job at Northern Illinois University Friday night), and he picked me up around 10pm.  I drove almost to St. Louis, and he took over to get into the city and to our hotel.  We crashed at the hotel around 2:30am and caught about four hours of sleep before our day started.

Then it was off to the Scottrade Center in downtown St. Louis for a morning show-up and set-up.


Inside the production area, Fernando was met with this:


Everything got set up quickly and Arctek Purple got to park front stage, right on the sidewalk, to hook up to shore power.


Scottrade Center.

The rest rooms we used were near the players' locker rooms, and we could peek into the stadium to see the players warm up.  Pretty cool, huh?


Fernando did two transmission uplinks, since there were two semi-final games, and I got to hang around with him all afternoon.  Before the games began, I caught this awesome picture of Arctek Purple with her satellite deployed, looking like she was harnessing the sun.


We "sucked it up" after the job was done and drove straight home, getting in around 1am (or maybe after, I was pretty zoned from lack of sleep!).  I made it to church in the morning, and Fernando decided to have an afternoon family meal at Casa Margarita.  We walked into the restaurant and ran into friends, who told us their daughter is a server there!  We asked to have Simone as our server, and we had a great time sharing drinks, Mexican food, and great conversation.




Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)