The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Sky Colors

When people leave our home, it's our habit to follow them outside to their car, or stand at the doorway or on the porch and wave until they're out of sight.  My "little sister" Dee and her family taught us this, and it's entrenched in our family customs.

On Monday night, after a wonderful visit for dinner and fellowship by Jake's Allie and her parents, we walked out to the front lawn with them as they got ready to leave.  But they didn't leave right away--the sky was lit up!

First, it was clouds tinged with blue from the evening sky.


Then, as the sun started setting, and the sky spotted with thunderstorm clouds--rain was arriving section by section--the clouds lit up, reflecting the colors of the sun.  Cell phone cameras--and my Bella (6D)--came out for picture time!  It was amazing to just stand and watch.



After the H. family drove away, Fernando and I stood out on the front lawn for a while, watching the storms roll through.  Most went either north or south of us, so we had a beautiful show of colors.


As I snapped a few more pictures, a car slowed, then stopped in front of our driveway.  The driver rolled down her passenger window just to say to me, "Isn't it beautiful?"  We chatted for a minute about the amazing skies, then she drove off.


As the sun set further, and clouds got darker, I took a few more pictures, stood in admiration for the Lord's creation, then walked back inside.


For who in the skies is comparable to the LORD?
Who among the sons of the mighty
is like the LORD?
Psalm 89:6 NASB


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)