The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Early June in the Garden

Time to check on things in my early June garden, now that convention is over and I can spend a bit of time out here.


I was so excited to see bean plants growing!  I haven't done green beans in a few years because of various issues, and I've done pole beans, not bush beans.  This year, I found packets of organic bush beans (French style), so I thought I'd try those.  I'll thin out these bushes a little bit to give them room to grow.  I tried to not plant them in rows, but do a zigzag plant, but alas, they look like rows still.  Oh, well.


Then it rained.  And hailed.



So, the next day I went back out.  The hail didn't really do damage.  These are Paul Robeson tomatoes, an heirloom variety.


See those green things below?  I'm going to have carrots this year!  --she says with great hope in her voice.


I've mentioned before about the strawberry plants being disobedient.  Here's proof:


They just wouldn't stay inside the wooden raised beds Fernando built for me.  They have no idea how to stay put.  At least we're reaping tons of strawberries from their disobedience!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)