The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Read to Me, Daddy!

 A word of explanation regarding my blog.  :)

"Indeed My Heritage" encompasses more than just my own heritage--the treasures of wisdom, learning, and life that my parents have passed down to me.  It also reflects my passion to impart a beautiful heritage to my own sons.  Here is the full Bible verse:

The LORD is the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
You support my lot.
The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.
Psalm 16:5-6

Looking back, my heritage from my parents is indeed beautiful.  Looking forward, I know that my true inheritance is the Lord.  In Ephesians 1:18, Paul prays that the believers' heart-eyes would be enlightened so that they would know "the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints."  My chief desire is that His inheritance would also pass to my sons.  And thus the title of my blog.

Therefore--meaning because of all I've just written--I'm so thankful for my dear husband, who has led the way in creating a heritage of love for our sons.  He has lavished boundless love on his children from the very minute each one was born.  This wonderful papa even delivered his third son into this world!  (Not that we planned it that way...)  He cuddled them, slept with them snuggled in his side, played with them, rocked them, read to them.


Here is Fernando reading together with another friend's son.  He's still reading, even to other people's children!  His heart is always open and available to his children.  And I love him for it.

Back to life,
Christine

visit my photography blog!
captured by Christine Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)