The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Freshly Picked

One day, I picked a handful of strawberries.


The next day, I went out to the strawberry patch to see if I could find some more ripe, red deliciousness.  My little glass bowl overflowed.


Just a few short days later, my counter was full of strawberries to process.


First, I pick off the green tops to reveal the white part I then cut out.  I cut out the whites, rinse off the berries, dry them on a towel, then pop them into bags for the freezer.  I froze them in four-pound portions, since that's what my strawberry preserves recipe calls for.  I currently have two four-pound bags in my freezer awaiting the preserve-making process.


We picked so many berries over the weekend that we had Strawberry Shortcake Night last Sunday.  I messed up the shortcake recipe, but they turned out okay, and turned out even greater when coupled with freshly whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, and my garden-fresh strawberries.  Yum!




Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)