The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, December 10, 2015

When I First Met You

Dear Matt and Jenna,

I can't believe you're both already five (and a half!) and this was the first time I met you.  Matt, you gave me a ready hug, totally comfortable with your Aunt Christine and Uncle Fernando being there in your home.  Jenna, you ran and hid around the corner in the kitchen by the oven, peeking out to smile but not coming out until you were ready.  I was happy to wait for you to get comfortable, which you did fairly quickly.  You both quickly found treasured places in my heart!

The first pictures I took of you, Jenna, were of you and Uncle Fernando coloring.


He drew you a shark, and you both colored the picture together.  He gave you goofy looks every now and then to get you smiling.  He's such a goofy guy, and easy to like, isn't he?


I love how you smiled at the camera, while Uncle Fernando has the silliest expression on his face!  I wonder what he was thinking at that moment...


Thank you for posing with your uncle with your beautiful picture!  He drew a shark, and you decorated it.  Just lovely!


When I suggested we go outside--it was beautifully warm and almost the perfect time of day for portraits and wouldn't it be great to surprise your parents with some pictures--you both came, and I got some great pictures.


Although this portrait is a little out of focus, I love it, Matt!  You are a sweetheart, even if you have that crazy little-boy heart inside!


Jenna, your tender heart shines through your beautiful blue eyes.  You are truly a precious flower, love.





What better way to capture your personalities than on a swing??  The pure child-delight radiates from your faces, and I loved photographing that.





You two are precious blessings, you know that?  I hope I get to see you again soon, and I hope you remember me throughout the years, for you will always have a precious piece of my heart.


Love always,
Auntie Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)