The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Slow Cooker Orange Chicken



Every Tuesday lately has been Slow Cooker Day.  With our crazy Tuesday schedule, I end up in the car and gone from home most of the afternoon, including picking up Thomas from math club at 4:30 then going straight to the train station to pick up Danny, and arriving home at around 5:15--way too late to start dinner.  I've tried to come up with some new dinners to cook in the slow cooker, and this particular one was a hit with the guys.

Here are some photo highlights, and the recipe, as always, is at the end.  :)

I had Thomas cut the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half.  He likes knives.  ;)


Simple recipe, simple (and few) ingredients!

Flouring ("breading") the chicken pieces.

Measure out the barbecue sauce and the marmalade.

Mix everything up in a bowl.

Into the slow cooker it all goes!


Slow Cooker ~ Orange Chicken

two pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
4 tablespoons flour
2/3 cup orange marmalade (can substitute peach or apricot preserves)
1/3 cup barbecue sauce (I used homemade barbecue sauce)
1/4 cup Bragg's liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
1 teaspoon ground ginger

In a large bowl, toss chicken pieces with flour.  Stir in remaining ingredients and pour all into a 3- to 5-quart slow cooker (mine above is a 3.5-quart and worked very well).  Cook on low 6-8 hours, or on high 3-4 hours.  Serve with rice and a vegetable.

Slow Cooker Orange Chicken with organic basmati white rice and steamed green beans.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)