The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Monday, June 19, 2017

Before the Leaving

June 18, 2017.

Having made the decision for Fernando to travel to Rhode Island to train for employment with company Y, the days flew by.  We smiled for the camera, making memories whenever we could and storing them up for the long training period away.

I had a wonderful photo session with a a little autistic girl, Miss M, which will forever live in my memory.  She touched my heart as I chased her around her back yard, snagging some beautiful images of a little girl who glimpsed at the world from the confines of her mind.

The back yard was damp from recent rains, but as I ran, and rolled, and aimed, and snapped, the muddy knees were a badge of beauty, because I knew I had made an incredible connection with an amazing little girl.

A few short minutes after I arrived back home from that photo session, our friends came over with Zoe--a fun and crazy cockapoo we love to petsit whenever they go out of town.  She added a ton of zest and fun to our lives over the week or two we had her.

The days came and went, one by one, memory by memory.




Strawberries from my garden flourished in early June, which of course meant strawberry shortcakes.


We texted Thomas often, and he was always in my thoughts, while he ate, drank, slept, and studied all things BMW down in hot, humid Orlando.


We made memories together, from yummy farmers market finds...


...to a hot afternoon out at the outdoor mall.


Our last day together was Sunday, which meant a trip to church together, and a wind-in-her-hair ride home with the sunroof open.  It was fitting that this Sunday was Father's Day.  One last picture of us in the car together, then Monday came and I took Fernando to the airport to say goodbye.


This first trip will be for a couple weeks, and he will be home at the end of the month, just in time for his birthday.  I know work will keep me busy, and a couple of weeks is bearable.  The counting down has already begun.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)