The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Saturday, June 14, 2014

April in My Vegetable Garden and More

April 18.

After I watched the guys get out all the yard stuff, I wandered into the back yard to check out my veggie garden.  Here's the overview:


The rhubarb is growing nicely!  I'm always amazed that within a week or so it grows from just a pearly red nub pushing up out of the ground to this!



I also have a number of purple onions coming up from last year!  This was a treat, since I decided I wouldn't plant onions this year.


Here are the three beds in a row.  You can see the strawberry plants coming up through the remaining straw.  Yay for delicious red fruit!


Behind my veggie garden, way in the back point of our pie-shaped yard, waited my special place.  It's really just a bench, a kidney-shaped pile of dirt, and a few flowers that manage to grow up without any assistance from me.



Sitting on the bench, I can look out on my veggie garden beds.



Here's the view from the back-most corner of our back yard.



You probably know by now I stand on the deck of our pool to take pictures of my veggie garden, and my special place, below.  Now you can see what I'm talking about--pile of dirt and all!



Every year I say it, but someday it'll be done, and it'll be my outdoor sanctuary, my thinking spot, my garden oasis just steps from our door!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

1 comment:

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)