The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Thousand Reasons to Have a Salad!

A teaser of a headline to introduce my recipe for Thousand Island Dressing.  ;)

His and Hers Salads, waiting for dressing.

I'm posting this recipe only because I really need to get all my backlogged photos into this blog.  It's like a ticking time bomb.  Really.  :)

Here's the recipe (why waste words?).


Thousand Island Dressing

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped pickles (Bubbies pickles are as awesome as they are expensive!)

Combine all ingredients except chopped pickles in a container; blend well.  Add chopped pickles and you're done.  Really.  Go put it on a salad.

One note:  By "blend well," what I do is use my stick blender to really blend in that onion.  Yum.  Then I add the chopped pickles.  If you don't care about bits of onion, simply mix all those ingredients together and you're all set.  Enjoy!


Enough of bare salads--here's the shot with the dressing on it!

Yum!  I love salad!!

Here's another salad for this dressing--note the extra chopped pickles on top!  (I love pickles!)




Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to remember this for Paul, I'm not a big fan of Thousand Island dressing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, I had *never* had Thousand Island, but it's my husband's favorite and I love this homemade version. I've never tasted store-bought!

      Delete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)