The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Home for the Summer

May 10.  Jacob came home for the summer!  Or, rather, we drove to WIU to bring Jacob home for the summer.  And, either way, we are a happy family.

So exciting to see Jacob's dorm in the distance!

That dorm building (above), Higgins Hall, will be imploded this summer.  It is leaning ever-so-slightly, and would be too costly for the school to shore up the foundation.  So, down it will come.

All packed up and ready to load the car.

After we loaded everything up, we stayed for the WIU Honors Convocation, since Jacob's friend Josh was being honored.


 Josh, with three out of the four honors he would receive.

Josh was specially honored for being the only student with four awards.

Jacob and Josh.

Then, it was time to go home.  We are so very happy to have our Jacob with us--I'm sure the summer will fly by!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

2 comments:

  1. So glad he could come home. Are you going to the implosion and take pictures? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, JoAnn, I wish we could go! It's a 3+-hour car drive, or a really early morning train ride and we'd have to stay the day. That would be something incredible to catch on film, though!

      Delete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)