The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What's For Breakfast??

It's difficult, now that the boys are older, when they come knocking at my bedroom door and asking, "What's for breakfast?"  My usual response is, "You know where the kitchen is; knock yourself out!"  Actually, I make breakfast on a regular basis, and I reserve that particular response for their non-meal hunger attacks.

So, when 19yo Jacob asked the question this morning, he was blessed in that I had just finished re-organizing my new and improved cookbook.  I spent two days de-cluttering my two three-ring binders, combining them into one wonderful binder.  I trashed a two-inch stack of recipes I'd never used, grew out of, or which were too similar to existing recipes.  The practical side of me decided--a girl can have only so many recipes!  (Picture of cookbook to come, probably after vacation...)

Since I had just scrutinized all my recipes, I knew there was a new one I'd stuck in the "Breakfasts" section that I wanted to try.  Jacob and I whipped up these (two) baked apple pancakes.  The recipe suggested serving slices drizzled with syrup, but seriously, plain was perfect.  Please wipe the drool off your keyboard.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)