The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Sweet and Savory Morning

Due to my diligence (by God's grace), I had partially prepared my granola recipe and was ready to mix it up this morning.  After my plain cinnamon granola (Danny likes it that way) was in the oven, I realized I had used olive oil instead of coconut oil in the recipe.  Grr.  Just a little difference in taste, but I'm a perfectionist.

So I went ahead and created a brand new gourmet granola recipe, adding coconut flakes and pepitas (pumpkin seeds) that I had bought from Becki's co-op.  I borrowed a few ideas from others' recipes, and I have to say, the end result was the best-tasting granola I've ever made!  Now I must write my new recipe down and include it in my special cookbook (that is the subject of a future post!).


Then, since I had harvested the basil and parsley from my garden this morning, I prepared those and chopped them up for the freezer.  The herbs are a lot of work--picking leaves off of stems is tedious--but once the jars of chopped herbs are in the freezer, I experience a wonderful sense of satisfaction, plus thankfulness that the Lord, once again, has provided for my family.


Now it's back to preparing for vacation.  :)