The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Jacob's Tree in Autumn

Just a random post as I look through my photos.  Jacob's tree in our back yard was so pretty this year, with its bright yellow-orange leaves and pleasing shape.  I just had to snap a few pictures of it for memory's sake.




My dad gave us this tree in the spring of 1991, a few months after Jacob's birth.  There were actually two, each standing just a foot tall, but one was mowed down by the lawnmower.  The second managed to survive, and when we moved from the little duplex in 1997, we dug it up and planted it at my parents' home until we moved into our own new home.

That move didn't happen until May 1998, into our current home, so the trees spent a year at my parents', and then was dug up yet again and re-planted where it stands today.  The tree is now almost 23 years old, and it's rather small for a tree of its age.  But, considering it has been planted three separate times, I think it's doing a fantastic job of staying alive!  And every autumn, I get to enjoy its beauty every time I stand at my kitchen sink and look out on the back yard.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)