The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, January 18, 2013

Going South in January

We just went south!  In a good way, really.  South is a great place to go in January.  :)

We visited our close friends who moved to Georgia.  Dee is really more like my little sister; we simply have different fathers and mothers.  But for all intents and purposes, she's my sister.  And her daughter got married.  So we drove down for a special wedding and a mini winter getaway.  (If you read my photography blog, you may have read about Joanna's wedding shower which was held up here in Chicagoland last autumn.)

We weren't sure where we were going to stay for the first few nights we were there.  Fernando had hotel points he could spend, but Dee and her family are pretty much super-well-loved wherever they've lived, and they had several friends who offered accommodations to anyone coming down for the wedding.  The R. family hosted us in the apartment above their garage.  We were simply amazed at this apartment retreat!


I spliced together several images to get the above panorama.  The apartment was simply beautiful, a sweet, cozy retreat.  I'd love to share it with you, via these photos.  :)

The eating area featured a sweet table, complete with table spread, place mats, and napkins.


This pretty little clock graced the desk at the entrance.


On the other side of the desk was an artful display for books, complemented by a nightlight lantern.  Sweet!


Opposite the entrance stood the bed, against the wall with a round hobbit-style window.




The nightstand.

The dresser.


I would have never thought to use plates to decorate.  :)


The bathroom was also beautifully decorated.



Seriously pretty towel bucket!  And with French!!  I loved it.



We never gave a thought to the fact that we were staying above the garage.  The R. family had gone all out to furnish and decorate this haven.  Kris (the wife) shared with me about how they had built the apartment for her husband's mother, but how she was never able to live there due to illness.  Instead, the R.'s have freely shared their haven, as they shared it with us.  Their generous gift of hospitality was indescribably appreciated by the six of us.


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

3 comments:

  1. Just lovely! I'm so glad you had such a sweet place to stay :-)
    See you Sunday, Lord willing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely (I love the mustard walls!). =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that is so beautiful. What a blessing that you were able to stay there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)