The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Early October in My Garden

Today I sweet-talked Fernando into helping me dig up the green bean plants in my garden.  He's such a great worker!  Thomas had dug out a tomato plant or two recently, and it looks like this year's winter garden prep will be done one phase at a time.


In the photo below, you can see some red Early Girl tomatoes on the left.  They're still ripening in the warmth we continue to experience, so I'm letting them remain on the vine as long as possible.  I hope to have tomatoes through the end of the month, and if I'm really blessed, into November as I have in some years in the past.


Below is the overview from our pool deck.  I love taking my garden overview pictures from up there, but I know that it may come to an end after the 2013 "pool destruction" winter and the past year of having to let it sit there while we struggle just to make ends meet in our home.  A season for everything...


Later, we had fun inside.  I took a phone picture of Thomas working diligently on a drawing of something car- and/or mechanic-related.  I don't have a clue.  He has a really big brain!


We also shared a rousing game of Settlers of Catan, Allie included!  It's nice to have another girl in my home.  *happy dance*


A hard day's work definitely earned us a fun night of play!


Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)