The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. ~ Psalm 16:6 nasb

Friday, March 24, 2017

Signs of Spring

On a beautifully warm late morning, just before I went in to work today, I had the chance to drive up to The Morton Arboretum with my camera and macro lens to find some signs of spring.  I was hoping for some color, and I was not dissapointed.

Blue catmint.

Various trees were budding and almost ready to blossom, and even though I had only a short amount of time, I was able to spot the buds.



It was almost high noon, with bright sun, so it wasn't the best time to take pictures.  However, I did find some good angles, and of course, when I spotted things pushing up through the winter ground, I just had to capture them!!


I love the fuzzy buds on the trees--I think they're magnolias.



This photo of a leaf is one of my favorites, even without any color.  I love how the sun is illuminating the edges and causing the shadows on the inside of the cur.  I love the waves along the edge, too.


Yellow!  It almost hurt the eyes, it was so bright.


The Lenten roses were blooming, too, just in time for Easter in a few weeks' time.  I had to lie down on the ground to capture the little flowers, but it was worth it.


And, finally, daffodils, one of the most iconic signs of spring, just blooming alongside the road, just a small clump, but enough to let us all know that spring is almost here.





Back to life,
Christine

Visit my photography blog
Visit my photography website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your encouraging comments! I appreciate them very much, and will visit you in return. :)